Action plan for the ICRI secretariat (2009-2011)
- To continue the implementation of the ICRI “framework for actions” and “renewed call to action”, and reformulate a new “call to action”.
- To strengthen the participation of international and U.N. organizations and countries(founding countries and countries with large surface of coral reefs) at ICRI by diplomatic actions, and involve the private sector and foundations.
- To promote regional cooperation at the ICRI General Meeting by organizing a regional day during the General Meeting.
- Promote the international tools on coral reef management. To continue the ongoing actions on Marine Protected Areas and MPAs networks, and initiate a discussion on the large marine protected areas.
- To dedicate actions on related ecosystems: mangroves and sea grass beds.
- Support the ICRI Networks, and participate actively in the animation and implementation of their programme.
- Facilitate the organization of the International Tropical Marine Ecosystems Management Symposium (ITMEMS).
- Organize ICRI General Meetings.
Jean-Pierre Thébault (France)
Ambassador for the Environment
Ms Faalavaau Perina Sila
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Assistant Chief Executive Officer