The meeting will be held at the Yacht Club de Monaco (10 minutes walk from the Novotel).
A block booking has been organized at a discounted price for delegates (the preferential code is MEET) at the Novotel Monte-Carlo (6, boulevard Princesse Charlotte MC 98000 MONACO):
- Single room, breakfast included: 150 euros VAT incl.
- Double room (one double bed or two single bed), breakfasts included: 165 euros VAT incl.
Note: a morning shuttle to the meeting venue will be provided for participants but only from this hotel.
The closest airport is the Nice-Côte d’Azur (NCE) airport and it just half an hour by taxi or bus from Monaco.
From Nice airport to the Principality of Monaco and return
Bus Transfer to Monaco
Transfers carried out by the company “Rapides Côte D’azur – RCA”: line 110. Tickets can be bought on board or at the company desk in Terminals 1 or 2 or by Internet.
Daily departures from Nice International Airport Terminal 1 & 2 from 8.30 am (8.45 am week ends) to 9.00 pm (including weekends), each half an hour (more information on the website). The line 110 provides services to the Monaco hotels. Ask the Driver to drop you at the stop closest to your Hotel.
There is also a night bus from terminal 1 to Monaco, but it works only Friday and Saturday nights (except holydays). : Line N100 – From Terminal 1 to Monaco only: 10.00 pm / 11.30 pm / 1.00 am / 2.30 am (schedule).
Returning to the airport by Bus
Departures from Monaco to Nice International Airport Terminal 1 & 2 with Line 100: check at your hotel desk for the closest stop or check on the company Website.
Returning with Night Bus service for Terminal 1
From Thursday to Saturday (except holidays), the route “NocTAM’bus” – Line N100 – provides 4 return trips from 11.32 pm to 4:02 am. One way ticket is cheap with a security guard on the bus.Check website for schedule.
Other means of transportation
- Helicopter Transfer is available, ask at the welcome desk at the airport.
- Taxi transfer: fare is usually 90 – 100 euros (indicative information, rely on taximeter).
- Train: international trains from the main European cities arrive at the Monaco/Monte-Carlo station, which is located in the city center.
- Road: Monaco is connected by motorway to main European cities.
Monaco does not deliver visas. To enter the Monegasque territory it is necessary to travel through France and hold a valid passport, visas and/or other forms of authorizations required by the French authorities. Visa application should be made to the French Embassy or Consulate or any other country that is party to the Schengen agreement. The ICRI Secretariat may provide a formal invitation on request.
A valid Schengen visa allows you to stay on the territory of the Principality of Monaco and Shengen countries for a period that does not exceed 90 days.
For any further enquiry on all relevant visa issues (including health certification/insurance) that should be obtained, we strongly advise you to contact the French Embassy or Consulate of your home country.
- Geographical location of Monaco – Monaco enjoys a privileged geographic location at the heart of Mediterranean Europe and stretches along a narrow 3344 meters strip of coast bordering the Mediterranean Sea. The Principality is nestled between the Alps and the Mediterranean Sea, bounded by the French Riviera to the west and the Italian Riviera to the east.
- Time zone – Standard Time Zone: UTC/GMT + 1 hour. Time Zone Abbreviation CET – Central European Time.
- Weather – In December, the average temperature in the Principality of Monaco varies from 9° /13°C.
- Electrical appliances – In the Principality of Monaco, the electrical voltage is 220V/ 50MH – European plug type is used, therefore having converters to this type is recommended.
- Official language – French is the Principality’s first language. English and Italian are also widely spoken.
- Money and Exchange – The official currency of the Principality of Monaco is the Euro (€).Money can be withdrawn using a cash card or a credit card from one of the many cash machines around the city.
- Credit cards – Credit cards which are most commonly accepted in hotels, restaurants and shops are Visa, American Express, Mastercard and Eurocard.
- Telephone calls – All major long-distance phone carriers provide easy access for making calls using their calling card codes from any phone or hotel. Paying calling cards are available within the Principality. The Principality of Monaco international phone code is + 377.