Meetings Other Relevant Events
Reef Futures is the only venue that brings together coral restoration practitioners, researchers, students, and resource managers from around the world to share the latest techniques, technologies, and science to dramatically scale-up the impact and reach of coral reef restoration. Whether you are a local resource manager from a small island looking to learn from seasoned hands, or a topical expert looking to make your work meaningful to a local community, Reef Futures is the place to be. Leave your sadness and despair about the state of coral reefs at the door and come help shape the future you want coral reefs to have!
The five major themes of Reef Futures 2021 are:
- Holistic approach to coral reef restoration
- Approaches to improve the efficiency of reef restoration
- Ramping up larval propagation to enhance restoration efforts
- Advancing population-management interventions
- Building human capacity for expanding the global reach of coral reef restoration efforts
At this time, it is still anticipated that the symposium will remain an in-person event with options for virtual participation.
The call for workshop and trainings and call for abstract submission has been extended:
- Call for Workshops and Trainings will remain open through May 14, 2021.
- Call for Abstract Submission will remain open through May 28, 2021.
If you have already submitted a proposal for a workshop or an abstract, your submission will remain in the queue. If you wish to edit your abstract submission, please visit the Abstract Submission Login page and select the Request login details link to be emailed a direct link to your submission.