Meetings Other Relevant Events
Join us as we discuss the Global Fund for Coral Reefs (GFCR, the Fund). This exciting blended finance vehicle is seeking to raise and invest up to USD $500 million for coral reef conservation over the next 10 years! The GFCR is a multi-party initiative including public, philanthropic, and private actors:
- Paul G. Allen Family Foundation
- Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation
- BNP Paribas
- Althelia Funds
- UNDP, UNEP, UNCDF
The Conservation Finance Alliance is providing technical assistance to the GFCR partners by leading the development of an Investment Plan. This webinar will focus on providing background information about the Request for Information for the Fund and lead an audience-driven question & answer session with colleagues from the group of partners.
We invite all potential implementing stakeholders including local NGOs, international NGOs, enterprises, entrepreneurs, marine area managers and local government agencies to attend. You will learn about:
- How to respond to the Request for Information
- Background on the Fund including its innovative and growing partnerships and how the Fund is planning its implementation
- The Fund’s blended finance model and how it supports businesses and finance mechanisms that improve the health and sustainability of coral reefs and associated ecosystems, while empowering local communities and enterprises
- The Fund’s desired outcomes and criteria for site selection and business models – including how to propose a business, financial instrument or coral reef site to be considered for investment.
There will be two viewings available to accommodate different time zones: