Meetings General Meetings
The second general meeting of the Japan/Palau secretariat was held from the 22nd – 23rd October 2006 at the El Cozumeleño Hotel in Cozumel, Mexico. The meeting was co-chaired by Fabian Iyar of The Republic of Palau and Yoshihiro Natori of Japan.
A total of 60 people attended the ICRI General Meeting. 21 countries were represented and 26 organisations. 12 apologies were received. 35 ICRI members were represented by a nominated focal point.
The next general meeting of the Japan/Palau Secretariat will take place in Tokyo from 22-24th April 2007. The following ICRI Resolutions and Decisions were adopted during the meeting:
- ICRI Resolution on ITMEMS3
- Resolution to Designate 2008 as the International Year of the Reef
- Decision on Socio-economic Monitoring Guidelines for Coastal Managers in the Western Indian Ocean (SocMon WIO) English, French, Portuguese and Swahili versions
- Decision on Socio-economic Monitoring
- Decision on GCRMN Reports for 2007 and 2008
- Decision on COREMO III Data Analysis System for GCRMN, Reef Check and ReefBase