Meetings Other Relevant Events
The Christchurch/ Ōtautahi INTECOL Wetlands Conference Organising Committee will be hosting the 11th INTECOL International Wetlands Conference (IWC). The Program Committee solicits abstracts and will then use these submissions to build unified sessions. To promote collaboration and interdisciplinary dialogue, you are invited to help develop the program by proposing sessions related to your field of expertise.
- Abstract submission opens: NOW
- Abstract submission deadline: Wednesday 17 March 2021, 5pm NZST
- Abstract notifications sent to presenters: Monday 10 May 2021
Sharing traditional knowledge, science and management lessons of wetlands(1) that can be used for:
• Facing the challenges of climate change
• Developing green infrastructure in urban and rural landscapes
• Understanding bio/geo/hydro diversity and wetland functioning
• Promoting sustainable resource use and community wellbeing
• Guiding community ecological restoration projects
(1)The RAMSAR definition of wetlands “areas of marsh, fen, peatland or water, whether natural or artificial, permanent or temporary, with water that is static or flowing, fresh, brackish or salt, including areas of marine water the depth of which at low tide does not exceed six metres”.