The SPAW-RAC has announced that a call for proposals for Short-term Small Grants will remain open until 31st July 2020.
The main objective of the call for proposals is the implementation of the SPAW Protocol by encouraging concrete actions for the conservation of biodiversity in the countries and territories of the Wider Caribbean Region that have signed the SPAW Protocol of the Cartagena Convention (https://car-spaw-rac.org/).
The specific objectives are to provide financial support, in entirety or by co-funding, concrete actions aiming at:
- effectively improving the status of conservation of endangered species in the Wider Caribbean Region, particularly those listed in the annexes of the SPAW protocol,
- implementing management measures for endangered species and for the listed protected areas, in particular, if they involve civil society actors;
- and producing restoration actions as a priority within the protected areas listed in the protocol.
For this call for proposals, particular attention will be paid to projects in countries and territories, that are signatories of the SPAW protocol, that do not easily benefit from traditional funding. The initiatives concerning the groups of plants, birds, fish including elasmobranchs and sea turtles annexed to the SPAW protocol will be appreciated, but do not rule out other proposals.
- Eligibility: Governmental and non-governmental organizations, protected area managers.
- Grant amount: between 5,000 and 10,000 € (higher if exceptional).
- Deadlines for completion: supported operations must at least start in 2020 and if possible be fully completed in 2020.
- Conditions for payment of the grant: an advance is paid upon signature of the agreement, a mid-term payment is possible, and the balance is paid upon acceptance by the CAR of a technical and financial report.
- Content of the application: concept note of the project presenting the framework of the operation, its objectives, its main stages and the expected results / completed grant application form.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Closure date: Friday, July 31th 2020 at 5 pm in Guadeloupe (UTC-4)