ICRI Grants Program 2012-2013, successful projects announced
About the ICRI Grants Program
The ICRI Grants Program was one of the objectives of the ICRI Secretariat under the Australia-Belize hosting (2012-2013); following on a similar initiative from the UK-Seychelles Secretariat in 2003-05.
The ICRI Grant funding provided small grants of up to AU$10,000 to fund projects in developing countries that resulted in better protection and management of coral reefs and related ecosystems.
Four projects received funding under this program:
- Aleipata and Safata Marine Protected Area Trust Society Inc. - Samoa
- Kenya Marine and Fisheries Institute (KMFRI) - Kenya
- Kousapw Palikir Community Group – Federated States of Micronesia
- Nature conservation Egypt (NCE) - Egypt
All projects submitted were subjected to a rigorous selection process which involved assessment by a panel which included representatives of the ICRI Secretariat in Belize and Australia. The eligibility of all applications was assessed against criteria set out in the Applicant Guidelines.
- ICRI Grants Program - Applicant Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions about the ICRI Grants Program